Our Alliance approach » Public Private Community Partnership
Public Private Community Partnership
The Alliance governance model is a Public Private Community Partnership (PPCP). Characteristics of this model include:
- flexibility to evolve as the project shifts from one phase to another
- values based
- collaborative and inclusive
- transparent and accountable
- encourages diversity and builds capacity
The Alliance governance approach is designed to ensure that community and stakeholder values and aspirations are represented at all levels.
Our culture and guiding principles
The Stirling Alliance is committed to working collaboratively with its stakeholders. This means we listen and learn, respect diverse views, value honesty and transparency so that we can trust each other. This is the culture we foster so that we can work together without blame, to find solutions that benefit everyone. Within the project team, we have adopted Covey's Seven Habits of Highly Effective People as a behavioural framework to help us operate effectively as a team.
A set of guiding principles have also been developed to guide the project over the long term:
- Take ownership in delivering the PPCP’s program in a manner that is seen as a world class planning and delivery mechanism.
- Develop trust and demonstrate thoughtful relationships, ethical leadership and effective and timely decision making.
- Work together as a seamlessly integrated team generating heart and excitement to drive non-business-as-usual outcomes.
- Invite, listen and respect courageous contributions from all.
- Find solutions as a team that we alone could not have imagined.
- Work in an environment of mutual trust that is guided by intent to meet program challenges and aspirations and deliver balanced outcomes.
The Public Private Community Partnership Agreement (1.29 MB PDF) underpins the Alliance.
With representation at all levels by the community and the private sector, the Alliance is comprised of the:
- City of Stirling,
- WA Planning Commission,
- Department of Planning,
- Department of Transport
- Main Roads WA,
- Public Transport Authority; and
You can download the below Governance Structure diagram from our publications page.